The UK's largest patient safety event, with over 700 attendees in 2011 from 13 countries and more than 200 NHS organisations
This year's Congress features an inspirational programme covering the entire spectrum of patient safety. From clinical best practice to managerial and organisational skills, hear from some of the foremost international and national experts. It is essential that you keep abreast of innovations and changes in patient safety as it continues to advance. With everything you need under one roof, is this an event you can afford to miss?
This year's Congress will focus on key aspects of patient safety, including key policy updates and brand new innovative pilot programmes. Sessions on the programme will look at:
- Creating a safer care pathway under new commissioning structures
- Exploring the effect of the eminent Mid Staffordshire report
- Practical tools to reduce errors in medicines management, VTE, blood transfusions and insulin administration
- Improving the efficiency of data capture
- The role of patients in improving safety
- Understanding the role of whistleblowers
This year's Congress welcomes the following leading patent safety experts from the UK as well as around the globe. There are now over 90 speakers confirmed, including:
• Professor Bob Wachter, Professor and Associate Chairman, Department of Medicine, University of California
• Sir David Nicholson, NHS Chief Executive, Department of Health
• Stephen Thornton, Chief Executive, The Health Foundation
• Professor Erik Hollnagel, Professor Emeritus, University of Southern Denmark
• Dr Allan Frankel, Principal and Co-Chief Medical Officer, Pascal Metrics
• Niall Dickson, Chief Executive, General Medical Council
• Sir Stephen Moss, Chairman, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust
• Dr Suzette Woodward, Director of Patient Safety and Head of Patient Safety Policy, National Patient Safety Agency
• Steven Spear, Senior Lecturer, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Senior Fellow, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
• Professor Charles Vincent, Director of the Imperial Centre for Patient Safety and Service Quality and Professor of Clinical Safety Research, Imperial College London
The Congress will equip you with the tools you need to make sustainable changes to your organisation during this period of widespread change.
To register visit www.patientsafetycongress.co.uk or call us on 0845 056 8339.
We look forward to seeing you there!